I can’t express how important it is to keep our goals and dreams in front of us. Life has a way of coming in and disrupting our plans, getting our feet off our chosen paths, and throwing in twists, turns, roadblocks, detours, and obstacles. That’s normal. Being human means being able to adapt and adjust to the situations and circumstances that come at us. But if we are ever to fulfill our dreams and goals, we must continually be reminded of them, keep them posted in front of us, keep them shining like the North Star to be used as our guiding point and our compass. We need to constantly remind ourselves what we want to achieve, accomplish and experience in this life, assess our actions, adjust our options, and make necessary decisions.
Yes, we can and will experience all those unexpected and unplanned things, and many of them will be wonderful, will enrich our lives, and will change our directions. Sometimes, its okay to shift and adapt – we become better for it. The key is to be in control of those changes so that we don’t lose the goals and dreams we set for ourselves. This is the only way to not to be filled with a lot of regret because of forgotten, lost, and unfulfilled dreams.
Take a few moments today and remember your dreams, write down your goals, repeat them to yourself. Take an assessment, look at your North Star, and then determine if you need a readjustment to get you back on your chosen path or if you need to select a new one.
Till next time,
Here is an updated status report and reminder to myself concerning my 2014 resolutions:
- No more grieving. (I’ve had a moment or two, but for the most part, I’ve been smiling, hopeful and looking forward to the future. I’m happy. I’m really happy.)
- Fitness: Run a 5k (no walking), lose 50 more lbs, and get more fit. (I’ve scheduled (5) five runs and will start back running/jogging on Monday – needed to heal from a sprain and sickness. Joined three fitness challenges (Get Healthy West Georgia, Times-Georgian – Get Fit, and the 30-Day Arm Challenge), started a hula-hoop, sit-up, stair, and salsa-dancing routine. So far I’ve officially lost 4.5 lbs – 45.5 more to go.)
- Go on a real romantic date. (Still working on this one. Got close – actually planned one. Maybe soon I will make it a reality. It’s still early, and I’ve got plenty of time.)
- Take a vacation to one of my dream spots . (Making plans for a road trip in a smokin’ hot Mustang convertible with a girlfriend in late June: Chicago to GreenBay and throughout parts of the Great Lakes.)
- Finish one of my novels (completed and edited). (Started editing Hunter & Chase and wrote my first Character Blog post. Need to refocus and get busy.)
- Sign and promote at least (5) five new authors with North Star. (Got several queries and submissions to weed through.)
- Save at least ¼ of the money I need to move to the PNW. ($200 in the pot.)
- Climb and descend the 605 steps at Amicalola Falls. (YES… DONE, DONE, DONE!!!!)
- Hike at least 50 miles of the Appalachian Trial (not at the same time.) (7.5 miles completed, 42.5 miles left to go.)
- Go White Water Rafting – (Tentative trip planned in late July. Maybe I can combine this with the date.)